Adapted from West Coast Prime Meats Cooks © 2015
- Two 20-ounce bone-in ribeye steaks
- One tablespoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two tablespoons canola oil
- Four tablespoons unsalted butter
- Four thyme sprigs
- Three garlic cloves, peeled
- One rosemary sprig
- Season the ribeyes all over with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the meat stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the steaks, turn the heat to high and sauté until crusty on the bottom, about five minutes.
- Turn the steaks and add the butter, thyme, garlic and rosemary to the skillet.
- Cook over high heat, basting the steaks with the melted butter, garlic and herbs until the steaks are medium rare, five to seven minutes longer.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the steaks off the bone, then slice the meat across the grain and serve.
Copyright © 2015 by Amy and Craig Nickoloff and West Coast Prime Meats
Recipes reprinted with permission of the owners.
For talented chef Michael Mina, the creativity never seems to end. With 27 restaurants and bars in 13 American cities, including a test kitchen opened in the summer of 2015 in San Francisco, Mina and his team continue on their expansive roll...