MEAT LOVER'S QUESO
Adapted from West Coast Prime Meats Cooks © 2015
- Two pounds Velveeta cheese, cut in 1-inch cubes
- One pound ground turkey
- One pound spicy pork sausage
- One 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- One 10-ounce can Ro*Tel tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- One medium red onion, peeled, cored, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- One cup medium or hot salsa, your preference
- One large bag tortilla chips
Note: This recipe requires a crock pot or chafing dish to maintain a warm temperature.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook the turkey and pork sausage until browned, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour off any grease in the pan and discard it. Lower the heat to medium, mix the meats with the remaining ingredients (except the chips) until melted and combined.
- Put the mixture into crock pot or large chafing dish and maintain warm. Serve with the tortilla chips.
Copyright © 2015 by Amy and Craig Nickoloff and West Coast Prime Meats
Recipes reprinted with permission of the owners.
Whether you have a crew of hungry teenagers or a den full of Super Bowl fans, this meat-filled queso from West Coast Prime Meats founding partners Bill and Kristi Hustedt will get your event off to a festive start. Adapted from a recipe Kristi’s sister Sherri taught her, this warm, spicy dip might just upstage the guacamole.